There are moments in your life when you stop and take a look around at where you are and where you strive to be. It can be personal, professional, or both. Sometimes, those moments lead to frustration. Other times, you’ll find a path that can change your entire perspective in an instant. For me, I was fortunate that I found two great people at a time when my frustration hit an all time high and they helped me change my perspective. This occurred when I stumbled upon Amy & Jordan and instantly loved their work. I then found myself reading their blog, itching to dig more into their series “Our Story”, and ultimately, spending countless hours getting to know them via their blog. Their love story is so sweet…you should really head over and read it! Trust me, you’ll fall in love with them just like I did
I signed up for their workshop not having a clue what I was getting myself into, but knowing that I need to do something to help me and my business. I knew that I needed to connect, bond, communicate, and form relationships with others as well as invest in myself. I am not one to get nervous, antsy, or anxious…However! This workshop did just that and I was wondering if I had bitten off more than I could chew…
(The answer to that is yes and no But way more no than yes.)
Their workshop is nothing short of amazing. I really mean that. I am sure that everyone feels that way when they attend something they’ve invested their own, hard earned money into. This one is different. This one…well, it’s special, personal, meaningful in a very open, honest, and connected way.
This husband and wife duo devote some 24+ hours to their attendees for face to face time before and during their workshop. They will even give a bit more of themselves if you need it. They pack the 2 days with so much material that you can’t help and feel overwhelmed between photography lessons and business lessons. You’ll experience brain data overload in the best way possible.
I can’t (and won’t) share it all because I really think you need to invest in you and experience their love, joy, and passion for their careers in photography and education for yourself. I will however, share my highs of the time I invested with Amy and Jordan:
- I engaged. I met so many lovely ladies (14 to be exact) from around the country – a few local to Va, a few more from the east coast, and a few more from the mid-west/west. We formed relationships, friendships, and our very own small community of encouragement.
- I learned. I was that nerd growing up who actually enjoyed school and learning. I have always enjoyed it. This was a way for me to learn more and further my education in photography – both in my skills and capability as well as on the business side.
- I felt ready to conquer the world – well, at least my world! And I made a plan to do so! The plan is an evolving work in progress and I’m so excited for it!
- We laughed, cried, danced, and had fun. We hung out with the world on Periscope, we shared our adventures on Instagram…it was really something else, something reminiscent of summer camp as a kid.
- More than anything, I left feeling inspired, encouraged, educated, and armed with knowledge.
The one thing I always ask myself after an event like this is: Would I do this again? Would I save and then spend that kind of money on this experience again? Was it worth the investment?
Hands down, my answer is yes a dozen times over. Amy and Jordan – as people – are worth the investment. Amy and Jordan – as photographers – are worth the investment. Amy and Jordan – as educators – are worth the investment. Lastly, their workshop is worth the investment.
My advice to you: Don’t wait. Find the photographer (or whatever your passion might be) that speaks to you, your soul, and your brand….and follow them on social media, the internet, wherever. And when you get the chance to meet them, to attend an event hosted by them, do it. You’ll walk away happy, craving more knowledge, and knowing that you made the best investment in you that you could have.